Sr. Project Coordinator / Ambassador
We are looking for a Sr. Project Coordinator / Ambassador to join React Native / GAAD Pledge Accessibility initiative. This will start as a 3 month part-time remote engagement. This is a part-time freelance remote position. 20 hours per month is expected. U.S. based only.
- Serve as a11y liaison between Facebook React Native team and disability and React Native app development communities.
- Organize and manage outreach programs to users with disabilities and React Native app developers to identify unmet a11y requirements, discover bugs, and encourage a11y code contributions.
- Prioritize community requirements and expectations for optimal solutions
- Communicate React Native a11y progress to open source and A11y communities
- Analyze, triage, and manage a11y issues and pull requests in the React Native GitHub repository, engaging the community to ensure they are clear and actionable.
- Leverage GitHub projects, milestones, or other relevant repository features so it is easy for stakeholders to understand and track React Native a11y progress.
- Identify a11y issues and pull requests that require Facebook engineering attention.
- Strong understanding of open source software culture and community expectations, i.e., how to effectively communicate and provide feedback in the GitHub community.
- Proficiency with GitHub features for triaging and managing issues and projects.
- Experience working with React Native or a similar framework.
- Experience building or testing assistive technology experiences on iOS or Android.
- Technical understanding of either the iOS or Android accessibility APIs.
Nice to haves:
- Experience starting, organizing, and leading open source software related projects.
- Experience building React Native applications, could be working as designer, engineer, product manager, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of multiple accessibility services and assistive technologies on iOS and Android.
- Experience analyzing root causes of accessibility defects in React Native applications.
- Strong working knowledge of accessibility APIs on iOS and Android, including some understanding of the differences between them.
- Working knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 or 2.2
We thank you for your interest. Only those who meet the qualifications for the role will be contacted.
ABOUT GAAD PLEDGE
The GAAD Pledge is a commitment made by organizations and developers to make accessibility a core value of their digital products. The GAAD Pledge is open to all organizations and can be taken throughout the year as a long-term commitment to accessibility.
About Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD)
Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD), as it is known, is celebrated the third Thursday every May. The purpose of GAAD is to get everyone talking, thinking and learning about digital access/inclusion and people with different disabilities. Additional information can be found at www.globalaccessibilityawarenessday.org/
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Apply@globalaccessibilityawarenessday.org